Welcome to our repeat prescription system.
For your safety, when you request your repeat prescriptions, the system will now check your request against your list of repeat medications.
This means you will need to log into the clinical system.
If you don't yet have a password, please bring some identification to reception to be issued with a password.
From then on, you will be able to request prescriptions online and even book (or cancel) your appointments online as well!
Read our 'Requesting prescriptions advice' leaflet
At 8am all scripts that have been received to date will be processed and will usually be ready for collection within 48 hours.
There can be exceptions - for example if the manufacturer has a supply issue, so its best to allow yourself a few days so you dont risk running out of your medication.
Please note that requests that are received after 8am will be processed at 8am on the next working day.
By way of example:
Requests received by 7.59am on Monday, will be processed at 8am on Monday and will usually be ready for collection on Wednesday.
Requests received @ 8am or later on Monday, will be processed at 8am on Tuesday and will usually be ready for collection on Thursday.
Requests received @ 8am or later on Tuesday, will be processed at 8am on Wednesday and will usually be ready for collection on Friday.
Requests received @ 8am or later on Wednesday, will be processed at 8am on Thursday and will usually be ready for collection on Monday.
Requests received @ 8am or later on Thursday, will be processed at 8am on Friday and will usually be ready for collection on Tuesday.
Requests received @ 8am on or later on Friday, will be processed at 8am on Monday and will usually be ready for collection on Wednesday.
Requests received @ 8am on or later Saturday, will be processed at 8am on Monday and will usually be ready for collection on Wednesday.
Requests received @ 8am or later on Sunday, will be processed at 8am on Monday and will usually be ready for collection on Wednesday.
We are processing over 23.000 prescription items a month so please allow enough time for your regular medication to be processed.
If you have an urgent request or find yourself with exceptional circumstances or even if you just got yourself in a pickle please talk to our friendly staff. We will do everything we can to help.
SystmOne is the clinical system that we use at the surgery for booking appointments, preparing prescriptions and updating medical records. Its a popular system in general practice and in some hospitals and it keeps your records safe.
We now have a version of this called SystmOnline which enables patients to book and cancel appointments and order prescriptions in a much easier way. Each patient has to granted access to this new system individually and in person, so simply ask at reception or when you see a clinician.
For patients under the age of 13 years, parental / guardian access is permissible but due to confidentiality, once a patient reaches 13 the password will automatically expire and the child will need to apply for a new password.
Systmonline is also available as a free 'App' for your mobile device (IOS and Android Apps are available), just search your Appstore for 'Systmonline'.
The App also allows you to book (and cancel) appointments as well as requesting you repeat prescriptions online.
To request a repeat prescription in the traditional way
- Tear Off Slip - tear off the right hand slip from your last ordered prescription and mark which medication you require. Either hand this in to our dispensary or post it to us. If you wish to have your prescription posted back to you please supply a stamped addressed envelope.
- Write us a note - if you do not have the tear off slip you can write us a note and we will process your request in the usual way.
For reasons of safety we do not accept routine repeat prescription requests by telephone.
- Prescription requests received by 08:00 will be ready for collection 48 hours later. Requests made after 08:00 will be processed at 08:00 the following day.
- Prescriptions with queries, or which have expired may take longer as they need to be seen by a doctor.
- Please try to give as much notice as possible to ensure that you do not run out of your medication and to ensure that the medication is in stock if you are a dispensing patient.
- Please remember to bring enough money or a cheque book (if you pay for your prescriptions) as we are unable to extend credit.
Please remember that the doctor or nurse will need to see you at regular intervals to review your condition so leave yourself enough medication in case you need an appointment.