Prescription requests 28-03-2020
The Coronavirus Pandemic is placing unprecedented pressure on our dispensary services but rest assured we are working tirelessly on your behalf. We request patients to not over order or stock pile on medication and in line with government guidelines we will only be supplying one month’s medication at a time . Repeat prescription requests are now taking 5 working days to process. Do not visit the dispensary before the 5 working day period to collect your medication unless advised otherwise. Please DO NOT unnecessarily phone the dispensary unless you have an URGENT query. We would like to reassure our patients that the dispensary team have put in place many precautions to ensure dispensary service is not disrupted for the foreseeable future.
Welcome to our repeat prescription system.
For your safety, when you request your repeat prescriptions, the system will now check your request against your list of repeat medications.
This means you will need to log into the clinical system.
If you don't yet have a password, please bring some identification to reception to be issued with a password.
From then on, you will be able to request prescriptions online and even book (or cancel) your appointments online as well!
Read our 'Requesting prescriptions advice' leaflet
At 8am all scripts that have been received to date will be processed and will usually be ready for collection within 5 working days.
There can be exceptions - for example if the manufacturer has a supply issue, so its best to allow yourself a few days so you dont risk running out of your medication.
Please note that requests that are received after 8am will be processed at 8am on the next working day.
We are processing over 23.000 prescription items a month so please allow enough time for your regular medication to be processed.
If you have an urgent request or find yourself with exceptional circumstances or even if you just got yourself in a pickle please talk to our friendly staff. We will do everything we can to help.
To request a repeat prescription in the traditional way
- Tear Off Slip - tear off the right hand slip from your last ordered prescription and mark which medication you require. Either hand this in to our dispensary or post it to us. If you wish to have your prescription posted back to you please supply a stamped addressed envelope.
- Write us a note - if you do not have the tear off slip you can write us a note and we will process your request in the usual way.
For reasons of safety we do not accept routine repeat prescription requests by telephone.
- Prescription requests received by 08:00 will be ready for collection 48 hours later. Requests made after 08:00 will be processed at 08:00 the following day.
- Prescriptions with queries, or which have expired may take longer as they need to be seen by a doctor.
- Please try to give as much notice as possible to ensure that you do not run out of your medication and to ensure that the medication is in stock if you are a dispensing patient.
- Please remember to bring enough money or a debit or credit card as we are unable to accept cheques or extend credit (if you pay for your prescriptions)
Please remember that the doctor or nurse will need to see you at regular intervals to review your condition so leave yourself enough medication in case you need an appointment.